Update about blogCa

Friday, March 5, 2021

Lenten Roses and how the pyramids were built!

 

Helen has lots of Lenten Roses in her yard, but my photos were somehow damaged transferring them...which is why I'm looking for a new computer.


When we get half way around the lake, there's a convenient bench with a great view, and these ducks also stopped for a rest. They are so funny, even when it's not very hot, they choose to get into the shade to rest.

A couple of geese were happily munching on little seeds, probably grass seeds, spread about next to the water and the path.


And new science is talking about how the pyramids of Egypt were built..video HERE.
No slaves. Teams of expert craftsmen. From Open Culture's article HERE.

Today's quote:

John Locke said, “The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts.”





17 comments:

  1. Hello, Barbara
    The John Locke quote is so true! The Lenton Roses are so pretty, I love the colors. Cute shot of the geese!
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could stop by...colors are good to see. I've missed commenting on this post till Sat. Oops.

      Delete
  2. ...my lenten roses have lovely green leaves, I'll have to wait for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your flowers bloom soon. I was surprised how early these little guys bloom!

      Delete
  3. I am not going to click right now, but no slaves? That’s new info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand...I just wanted to share this article...and now I will be able to find it again if I tell someone else about it!

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen a Lenten Rose. What a beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lenten roses are so beautiful. Longlasting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know. I noticed you cut some...so apparently they last inside in a vase also.

      Delete
  6. The Lenten Roses are so pretty to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly amazing flowers to bloom in Feb!

      Delete
  7. That is a beautiful flower. I wouldn't have recognized it as a rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's classified as one...more info than I have.

      Delete
  8. The ducks and geese make for good company to say hello to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I notice them, but have yet to say hello. Maybe they are waiting for me to say that, or perhaps another word that they can understand. Who knows?

      Delete
  9. the roses are gorgeous and so are the Canada goose :)

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.