Update about blogCa

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Day after the rain during the night

 The Swannanoa was high and full of mud, showing the rain from last night.


Yes, that's the interstate highway showing through the trees.

Another shot showing the interstate, and the walk and more daffodils.


It was a bit windy, but I think I caught most of these in focus.




Looking back at the little river, which shot is better, this horizontal one, or the vertical...


One of Black Mountain's main lines of electricity comes through this land.


A bed that's been prepared for whatever the "farmers are going to put here."

While I was walking and taking photos, Mrs. Horse moved around a bit.

It's fun to consider that the little Swannanoa River might have flowed through this valley for centuries, carving it's route through these mountains. Now it's somewhat cultivated by a dam up in Montreat.

13 comments:

  1. Hello,
    We are having a rainy day today. I like the view of the trail and sky! The river level does look higher after the rain. The horse scene is pretty. Great series! Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. Yes, rain comes and goes in the spring a lot. And then we're lucky to have a sunny day sometimes, though I think grey cloudy days seem most prevalent. Have a good day tomorrow and even till the weekend.

      Delete
  2. ...it is rainy here today. Yesterday I got my vegetable garden tilled, talk about great timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay you...it must be a sense of achievement. Now you get to make the rows or beds, however you devise your design for your veggies.

      Delete
  3. I think the vertical version is a little bit stronger, but on the other hand, it doesn't show as much of the river, so it shifts the focus IMO. I like the horse photo best or maybe the one with the tomering poles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AC. I couldn't decide, so left it up to you and other commentators. Oh my, what on earth do you like about the elec. poles, I wonder.

      Delete
  4. I always love seeing the river there. You have such nice places to walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin...and I should have been doing more walking and less photographing. The walk is after all the purpose.

      Delete
  5. Nice photos taken from your walk. Looks like it was a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bill. I enjoyed the little I moved around, and didn't have to push myself because I was taking so many photos.

      Delete
  6. The daffs make such a cheerful sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they seem to have just multiplied in rows along the walkway.

      Delete
  7. beautiful shots of the high watered stream. Love the mountain landscape :)

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.