Update about blogCa

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Rainy day with hail

 The days I'm not out walking, I'm not always putting photos here on blogs. I spent hours trying to straighten out my furthest reaches of my ancestors the other day. Well, they knew who they were related to, but some other trees at that site have some different people and even imaginary ones.

Other than that, I wish I were being more creative, but am not, unless you can count occasionally making new and different things to eat.


I purchased a small bunch of carnations at the grocery the other day. They cheer me up on grey days spent inside!


I do drive around various places, and here I found beautiful sheltered Azaleas close to home...the building houses apartments in my complex.

When  the thunder storm hit suddenly yesterday (Sat.) I looked out and saw hail landing (and bouncing) everywhere...here looking like little pellets. Glad it was over soon, and didn't get any larger!

A while later I had combined a new dish with various ingredients that were on hand. Though it called itself chili, it didn't have beef or beans...and the sauce was only slightly tomatoey. The brown-rice shells were over cooked (though I did follow the recipe on the bag) and there were other problems...but you better believe I'll eat the left-overs. The spices and the home-made cashew milk were winners!

I  did drive around and catch some pretty blossoms nearby.


Highland Farms has a good reputation in our area as a full service retirement community - from Independent Living to Assisted Care to Nursing Care. In the last few years it's ownership changed to Givens, which owns another retirement community in Asheville.


This little jaunt to find blooms was the same day, before the rain finally hit. This shot is neat because of the sun rays across the grass...at least I think that's what it is. Perhaps the grass is dying in streaks.




6 comments:

  1. So many colourful bushes near you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    The blossoms are looking beautiful, I like your pretty carnations. A vase of flowers is a cheerful sight in the home.
    We could have snow tomorrow night, it is really cold here this morning. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...rain is a necessary thing, the hail I can do without.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos remind me that I really should get out more and enjoy the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dislike hail! It hurts. Carnations last a long time and I love their delicate scent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blossoms! Hail is quite rare here.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.