Update about blogCa

Friday, March 19, 2021

More Old shots...edited with additions!

  

Isn't that a great satellite image of Europe at night?

I wonder what time it was taken...not too late I'm thinking. England looks lively, doesn't it?

It reminds me that I'd like to visit there.


I have visited here! It's where my daughter-in-law lives. I was happy to have seen her just 2 years ago...their second anniversary is next month!


And I was hostess at the front desk at The Red House Gallery last Sun. The show is something different than was up in this photo! The Red House Gallery is only open Fri-Sun. at this point, and still asking everyone to be masked, and limiting the number of visitors at one time. I stopped by to put some new pottery sculptures in weekend before last, and was happily surprised to see a couple of old friends visiting. Then a couple came in with 2 very large dogs. I petted them, and I guess the owner decided to go back outside. But I also left pretty soon too. I want people to see the art work, and maybe purchase something.


My springtime header...

And a reminder of the beauty that will be coming everywhere (here) in a month or so. Red Dogwood outside my apartment, looking very brilliant with rain falling!

A brilliant fellow, whether a Wood Duck or a Mandarin Duck, I am not sure. They used to love stopping and resting on the woodsy bank of our dam on Lake Tomahawk, before all the trees and bushes were removed. It's become less and less natural looking.

Today's quote:

Our loving intentions can easily transform the space in which we live.

Daily Om

 

PS. I just discovered a version of this post got published on May 10...some scheduling snafu. So if you're having a bit of deja vu...that's why!

14 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I love the Dogwood blooms, it is beautiful in the spring. The duck is a male Mandarin, it must be an escapee. They are not native to the USA. I hope the sculpture show goes well. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's interesting that the duck is not native...but with his colors he's certainly beautiful. Glad you could visit my blogs. Have a great weekend yourself, Eileen!

      Delete
  2. Good to have the gallery opened again.
    I look at the map of Europe and think how much light pollution... sometimes the Aurora can be visible as far south as here and further..but not with all that wasted power polluting the sky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing? A real focus of energy, which probably isn't that obvious from the ground, in towns and cities, street lights everywhere. Glad the Aurora can sometimes be seen where you are.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, he is! And very shy. There were a small flock of them once on another pond, and they all swam out to the middle when I tried to take their photos...as I walked around the pond, they moved further away in the other direction!

      Delete
  4. So lovely to see that gallery. And that duck is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin...the gallery has some great art, and some that's more effortful than others. Mother nature is the best artist of all!

      Delete
  5. Have you shared photos of the pottery art work you put and display at the gallery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure if you click on the photo at top of right column (on the teapot with the cat) you'll go to the art blog. Original work is there, as well as substitutions. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  6. The duck's a beauty.

    I'll have to look through my photos for last year for a spring header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I decided I didn't have to wait to at least share an old springtime photo!

      Delete
  7. Good morning and good weekend. The dogwood looks quite wonderful. I am no expert on ducks, but I think it is a Mandarin.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.