Update about blogCa

Friday, September 18, 2020

Young at heart

 Borrowing an oldie but goodie (do they even use that term now?) from another blogger (HERE) who posted this old favorite of mine the other day...

Frank and Swinging on a Star
Thanks, Sabine.

I remember learning the words, and maybe singing in some performance while in school. It is silly and yet presented somehow as an adult song. Yet I think it's targeted for young people.

Intelligent Design: A pig that does not fly | Millard ...

I'm trying to lighten up my life these days. I have friends who can tell all kinds of jokes. But me? I seldom remember both the joke and the punch line. Actually, I remember lots of punch lines. Maybe they are worth something somewhere...

OK, Here's the Potato Bag exercise...
An exercise for people who are out of shape: Begin with a five-pound potato bag in each hand. Extend your arms straight out from your sides, hold them there for a full minute, and then relax. After a few weeks, move up to ten-pound potato bags. Then try 50-pound potato bags, and eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-pound potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag. 

I consider that a shaggy dog type story. There was this shaggy dog....and that's all I remember, except there might have been an elephant and a penguin in the joke. And it did go on and on and on. Haven't a clue how it finally ended.

Knock knock?
I remember the one with the orange. Do you?
That's all I remember. I mean, I know the whole joke.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Knock knock.
Who's the he-- there?
Banana
Banana who?
Orange you glad I didn't say orange again?

Oh I just realized I remembered the whole joke wrong. It's supposed to be banana first. Duh.

Today's quote:
Let us keep courage and try to be patient and gentle.
VINCENT VAN GOGH

11 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Cute funnies, they say laughter is good medicine. My memory is not the best for remembering jokes.
    Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a new friend who turns everything into joking around...he chose to become that way, and I think I want to give people more laughter too...but haven't yet got the knack.

      Delete
  2. The potato bag was good.

    I am a joky type of guy, but I can't tell them. I more or less do interjections and wordplay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy your wordplay, and you even have it sometimes in comments (yes I see you elsewhere!)

      Delete
  3. That potato bag joke made me laugh. Thank you for that. I remember the knock knock joke from way back when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a young person I was hoping somehow I'd become more able to joke around like some of my favorite people. Wasn't it supposed to be part of growing up? Oh well, I still like being around those who do have that quality!

      Delete
  4. ...my grandkids always enjoy knock, knock jokes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and there are even books of those jokes. When I was an activity director, I'd look up jokes and print them out to tell people while introducing entertainers...and nobody laughed...which is a good indicator of my joke telling abilities.

      Delete
  5. I've got another version of that song on one of my CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. knock knock jokes go way back, do you think I can remember one, not one came to mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.