Update about blogCa

Saturday, September 19, 2020

At the end of the road

Walker St.

And I've not been up to the very end of the road but a couple of times. It means stopping and resting several times to catch my breath. I'm not walking it this evening because at 7 pm it's still 78 degrees out. I'm happy to post blogs for the future (since I wrote this back last Friday.)

 Looking up at the end of the road...two driveways invite people up to houses which I could not see. And on the far left is a driveway of a house very close to the road. You can see the black post of a mailbox on the far right, for a house which has an electric gate across their drive (not shown). If you look closely in the middle of the photo, you can see a tilted mailbox that stands next to a drive up through all the greenery (not the one with two tracks that has light towards the end.


And looking down the hill from the end of the road, you can't see much except that fire hydrant. I'm glad the town of Black Mountain is protecting these homes.


I must add this photo and my feelings about Ruth Bader Ginsburg dying yesterday. We all know the people who are ruining our government will try to replace her and take away many of the rights which she fought to keep for women. So I and all the women I know have a duty to do whatever we can, in our small ways, to stand for justice as RBG showed us...that her strength didn't rely upon physical size, that her words were well chosen and thoughtful, and that this heroine of American Justice will have dedicated her life for a cause which will continue.

Today's Quote:
We often think that vulnerability is a kind of weakness, but there’s a kind of vulnerability that is actually strength and presence.
RAM DASS

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am sad about RBG passing away. She will be missed, she was an honorable and truthful judge. A true hero for women! Nice to see scenes from your walk and neighborhood. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I think that we are at the end of the road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very sad that RGB passed away. She did her best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was heartbreaking to learn of RGB's passing yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The passing of RBG--The world seems dark today--but her light is still shining and we can follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need more honourable and truthful people, so sad to lose a star among those

    ReplyDelete
  7. RBG will be missed. Hopefully this will wake up the people who are not getting involved. I heard that monetary support to democrats took a huge leap.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.