Update about blogCa

Monday, September 14, 2020

Webs

 The other morning I walked before all the dew had dried...trying to avoid the heat of the day which was forecast. I found all these spider webs on several bushes...and remembered other photographers taking pictures of them, so I tried also.



Another building with apartment doors on a central indoor hall, on three levels.


 These dew drops were actually under the web, sort of suspended waiting to have enough air or sun dry them up.
 No dew drops were visible on the many other webs. Such is the nature of nature.

Today's quote:
There must be always remaining in every life, some place for the singing of angels, some place for that which in itself is breathlessly beautiful.
HOWARD THURMAN

15 comments:

  1. This is the time of year to see spider webs. When viewed in the early morning coated with dew and the sun shining on them they are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I was afraid they might have been the jumping spiders, which I get on my porch and then somehow their babies get inside my house. Not welcome at all!

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of webs. I don't think I have ever quite seen that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty amazing. I guess they find something to eat...some other insect I imagine.

      Delete
  3. ...those spider mites are a great time on those jumipers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if jumpers refers to the makers of webs, and spider mites sounds too small to be making webs.

      Delete
  4. Hello,

    The webs are neat to see, I like them with the early morning dew. Great quote!
    Take care, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I prefer the ones that look like traditional spider webs.

      Delete
  5. Pretty!
    We called them Pixie Nets. Pixies and Sprites made them to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like that! I'll remember to look for pixies and sprites the next time I run into some.

      Delete
  6. Love those spider webs. We see them here like that. Your photos make me want to go out and photograph them. I'll have to wait until the smoke clears here and we can actually go outside again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope your air clears soon, as well as lots of rain to put out all the fires!

      Delete
  7. Great shots of the spider webs. I used to notice them on my walks in the morning, some of them were on gates and pretty big. I haven't seen any in a while, will have to look and see if I can find some.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.