Update about blogCa

Monday, September 21, 2020

Wandering in my neck of the woods

 I was surprised to see another gardenia on the bush, so I took its picture, then picked it, and have enjoyed the scent on my bedside table. Ahhh. (I'm feeling very blessed that my scent ability has returned.)

 I'm not sure what these puffy pink blossoms are. Whenever I see flowers, I snap their photo.

 An ornamental grass gives these lovely little purple spikes.

 Another strange flower blossoming on a plant I don't recognize.

 The base of the gazebo at the memorial garden at UUCSV (my church) has some great variety of shrubs.

 One day I walked up this hill, and discovered the picnic table...probably used by the residents of the apartment building nearby. (table looks like 2 horizontal bars in this photo)

 Another resident has some planters at the entrance to her walkway...which she shares with just one neighbor.
I like the pink geraniums, but always buy the red ones. I'll show you why soon.

Today's quote:

"Every walk to the woods is a religious rite, every bath in the stream is a saving ordinance. Communion service is at all hours, and the bread and wine are from the heart and marrow of Mother Earth.

To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring—these are some of the rewards of the simple life."
— John Burroughs, writer and naturalist

6 comments:

  1. Our planters have a month, give or take, to go. Except for the recently purchase Mums which may last longer. Fortunately the recent early frost was not deep enough to kill the flowers this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I love all the colors and beautiful flowers. Looks like a nice walk. Take care, stay well! Enjoy your day, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...the pink flower is a sedum, perhaps Autumn Joy, the little purple spikes is liriope, the yellow flower I'm not sure of, the yellow shrub at the memorial garden is gold thread cypress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the flowers there. Good to get out and see the beauty around you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of beauty around you to see. Love the flowers, they're beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the yellow flower is Evening Primrose,

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.