Update about blogCa

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Happy Mabon

 It's fall! It's autumn! Yay the equinox is today!

And in the northern hemisphere of our earth, this is the marker for fall beginning...though last week our cooler weather here in North Carolina, already told us that summer was just about over. It will have a last hurrah in a few weeks, with what we call "Indian Summer." 

What I love about it best is that the humidity tanked. Dry air! So very nice to not feel muggy at noon. As I am sharing, there were five of us eating lunch outside with little heaters between the tables last Saturday.


Just a few dozen orange tints are on the leaves outside my living room windows. Give them a month and they'll all have turned. Maples just love to shine in the fall!

It's my favorite season! 

Today's quote:

He said: "I don't quite understand about understanding poetry. I experience poems with pleasure: whether I understand them or not I'm not quite sure. I don't want to read something I already know or which is going to slide down easily: there has to be some crunch, a certain amount of resilience."
by poet John Ashbery 


5 comments:

  1. ...early this morning it was 39F, brrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not as giddy as thou about the equinox. I do look forward to the colour but not what it leads to for the next 6 months or so. Winter is alright, but there is joust too much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite season too. Love the light and the changing leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife loves this time of year. Spring is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    Happy Fall to you! We are starting to see colors here too. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.