Update about blogCa

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Whew!

I've had trouble finding a place to walk these days...and I should be doing 30 min. every other day, or maybe 15 min. each day. The lake is nice to walk around, but sometimes crowded, and I noticed it had a small landslide from recent rains blocking the path. So I decided to start where I live. And it's on a big steep hill.

I start out in the middle, which is grand, and I walk downhill in the shade most of the way.

 This is Walker Rd, looking uphill. It's hard to tell when there's nothing horizontal to compare it to, but believe me it's also steep.

 I was grateful for the bamboo forest which provided a little shade.

After just making it half way this morning (my first try, after all), I turned and started back downhill. These sweet little yellow flowers caught my eye on the bank.


 A big old oak with many vines covering it stood in the forest.

 Going downhill, there's Old 70 at the bottom of the hill, but I turned off into our driveway.


And having gone uphill halfway, I stopped to take a photo and catch my breath.  This whole walk only took 15 mintues! But with the hills, I felt that was quite enough for today!

Today's Quote:
May we never forget the crippled, wind-beaten trees, how they, too, bud, green and bloom. May we, too, take courage to bloom where we are planted.
BR. DAVID STEINDL-RAST

14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Pretty walk and I love the flowers. Going uphill is harder, I guess it takes a bit to get use to the hills again. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased at the second day also being really out of breath, but able to finish the same distance. Wonder how long before I feel like adding another 25 feet or so...

      Delete
  2. ...shade sure is a blessing on these hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lovely walk. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the next time I go I'll wear the little pulse-oxemter that goes on my finger. I know my heart rate was pretty far up there, and will stop if it goes too high. Tomorrow I will venture to do it again. Today I was on a tread mill which I could make act like a hill. I only climbed a hill for 2 minutes on it.

      Delete
  4. Half a hill is better than no hill, but I hope you gat to flat ground as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...but the whole point is to do exercise which increases heart strength. Flat walking is much harder to do so...though of course it does work. So I'm trying intermittent hill then flat...which gives me a chance to catch my breath before another climb.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks...and I'm sure as I get more used to it, it will become boring. But I have miles of trails around me as well.

      Delete
  6. That looks like a nice walk. It's great that there was some shade epecially in the hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walk was partly shaded, and I admit I did work up a sweat without the sun's help.

      Delete
  7. A pretty walk! and the steepness does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. I've long been a "turtle" when going up steep hills, taking maybe half-length steps, and then even slower ones as needed.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.