Update about blogCa

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Do you eat egg whites?

No more cream in my coffee...so I've got honey sweetening it (for now.)

And these are Morning Star Farms plant based sausage inks. Sort of ok.

But eating just scrambled egg whites is taking a bit of getting used to. I sprinkled good tasting nutritional yeast on them so they would have some flavor. But while cooking they smelled like hard boiled eggs, which I dislike. And that's basically what they were, though a bit moister.

But the yolks have all the cholesterol, apparenty.

Here's a (perhaps) more palatable photo...my birthday portrait.
I received that purple batik caftan from my son and daughter-in-law, Marty and Barbara.  I love it!


Today's quote:
Take refuge in this moment.
One lightning bolt of wonder
through the heart of a child
incinerates ten thousand
books of philosophy.
All the speeches of politicians
burn to tasteless ash
in the diamond eye of a lover.
A wild mushroom springs
from the manure pile, pungent
as the breath of a dark angel.
There is no war in this meadow.
Stars yearn to fall here
and become wild poppies
on an April morning. 
Fred LaMotte

16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I rarely eat eggs, but I do usually eat the whole egg. Over medium or scrambled are my favorite ways.
    I like your caftan, you look very pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...this new Heart Recovery program has me on really low fat vegetarian stuff. It's very hard to shop and prepare food. But I'll get over it if I can get over heart disease this way!

      Delete
  2. JJ is here for a sleepover. I hope to make him a bacon and egg breakfast sandwich at some point. He likes McD's breakfast sandwiches, but since it is now difficult, I will try here at home to do something if he wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for gramps to match McD's fare (which I'm sure you can do better in a whistle). Enjoy your grand's visit!

      Delete
  3. ...I eat eggs everyday and my numbers are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, yes, I do eat eggs both the yolk and the white but not on a daily basis. It's not because of an over concern for cholesterol, but more laziness to cook them sometimes. Nice to see you and in that lovely birthday gift as well. Belated Happy 🎂 Birthday wishes to you. Thanks for the comment on our Wolfeboro anniversary getaway. It's a nice town to visit, but a bit over-crowded even now so we were happy to get out for the walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I maybe ate a whole egg twice a week before the heart attack...and my cholesterol numbers aren't that bad...but this is the heart healthy thing to do...for the rest of my life! And hopefully I'll have a few months longer for the effrort!

      Delete
  5. I love your birthday portrait--you look quite regal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you never know how a selfie will turn out. I was just practicing to see what needed to change, and voila, it was this.

      Delete
  6. When I do have eggs, it is usually an omelet or over easy. I love a runny yoke, my wife hates it. :) I love the morning star sausages, they are the only ones that I like that are plant based. Nice birthday photo, you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I agree these sausages aren't too bad. (Not too good compared to pig meat, but I've given that up.) I bought some Kielbasa this week, can't wait to try it.

      Delete
  7. I do eat eggs and have learned to like the white part, but prefer the yolk. I like the idea of using nutritional yeast in the whites. It is tasty and good for you. Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, maybe I did prefer yolks before...because these whites definitely need all the help they can get. And once I open the container, I'm supposed to eat it all within 7 days. That's a lot of egg whites!

      Delete
  8. I also tend to eat the whole egg, usually scrambled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I used to nuke it in the microwave and be good to go. Those were the days...

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.