Update about blogCa

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Living with black mold

Kitchen sink sprayer...I use almost daily. Yikes. I had noticed it gets some spots, but last week it was covered like this. That was the week I was sick. (No wonder.)

Wiped off. But it needs to be disinfected inside too, I'll bet.  A job for bleach!  My friend Martha told me which cleansing product would do the best job.

And I'm not leaving windows open on cool nights because the humidity is high still. Keeping the AC units going to get the house a bit dryer inside.

I am distraught that there are so few products for sale at my local grocery to disinfect. I will have to go to a big-box store and try my luck there.

But I am surviving, and fighting against anything that might bring me down...small as mold spores may be. Take that (she says, spraying the shower with disinfectant.)

Today's quote:
We are tied together in the single garment of destiny, caught in an inescapable network of mutuality. And whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly.
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.


9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Mold can be scary, I am glad you were able to take care of it. Our Walmart shelves are empty of cleaning supplies, people must be hoarding or they are not getting in shipments? Take care and stay safe. Have a happy day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use bicarbonate of soda and/or vinegar to clean most things. The best cure for mould is keep things dry.. but you can't do that with a shower head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...one of the many joys of living in the south!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s been strange, we have better luck finding what we need at our local, three stores, market than at Walmart.
    Toes crossed you find all you need. Is there anybody who cold shop for you? I am still staying out of shops.
    Take care; stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're having a hard time finding disinfectants as well. Went to CVS for something yesterday and noticed some hand sanitizers, so I bought one. When I got home and googled the product I saw that it was on a Recall List. Ugh. Haven't seen a well-stocked shelf anywhere... no dish soaps, no Lysol... nothing. What a world we are living in. Stay safe there and keep cleaning that black mold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second to GZ's suggestion, baking soda and white vinegar works wonders. Just let the head sit overnight in a cup of vinegar with tsp of soda added. If you must, wipe it down with alcohol or rinse it with boiling water.
    The thing about sanitizers is to make sure they are virucidal, antibacterial doesn't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We sometimes get mold too. We use vinegar and baking soda to get rid of it. It does come back but we stay on top of the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate mold! Our stores have been out of so many things. I try to keep shopping trips to a minimum but what can you do when the supermarket doesn't have what you need?

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.