Update about blogCa

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Midsummer at the Center

 Hydrangeas by the entrance to the Lakeview Center.



This corner used to always get slammed with water pouring off the roof 2 stories above it...each time it rained. I hope this little evergreen can keep that from happening. It's been really a headache for the landscape efforts.


Today's quote:

Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
-Joseph Addison, writer (1 May 1672-1719)

9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love the hydrangeas and the black-eyed susans. I hope the evergreen does the job! The gardens look pretty.
    Take care! Enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice gardens, but when that evergreen tree/bush grows, it could hamper the AC unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking...but I doubt it will live so long...a few thunderstorms might knock it down with the water that falls from 2 stories above. It's a new try though.

      Delete
  3. Nice photos and wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I haven't run into Addison before, will have to keep an ear out for more of his sayings.

      Delete
  4. The landscapers have done a good job. I love how hydrangeas continue to be beautiful as they age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've enjoyed picking the older dried blooms for dried flower arrangements. But some people don't like anything dead looking around.

      Delete
  5. Good quote. I think I need something new to hope for.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.