Update about blogCa

Monday, August 17, 2020

Lunch by the creek

 A motel across the creek and parking lot, while I sat on the patio waiting for my friend.


 Everyone wore masks until they started to eat. Except wait staff, which continued to wear theirs.


And so we ate lunch by Flat Creek, out on the patio at Ole's Guacamole. The table next to ours was removed for more spacing between people. I found a great list of vegetarian dishes and settled on vegetable enchiladas...which had lots of cheese which isn't on my diet. Oh well. It was delicious.

Today's Quote:
For what is a poem but a hazardous attempt at self-understanding: it is the deepest part of autobiography. 
-Robert Penn Warren, novelist and poet (24 Apr 1905-1989) 

9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am sure it felt nice to get out and meet your friend for lunch. It sounds safe and the food sounds good too.
    Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to be out and having conversation in person! Lunch was good too...and I forgot to share a photo of it. Next time!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'll be going back again soon...have other friends to meet and munch with!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lovely place to dine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met another friend there for dinner tonight (Mon.) and we enjoyed the fresh air by the stream.

      Delete
  4. Such a nice place to have lunch with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit more crowded at dinner-time Mon. night...before getting dark. I was home by 8 and the sun didn't set till much later.

      Delete
  5. When you said "Except wait staff," I was a bit startled until you clarified. :)

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.