Update about blogCa

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Happy birthday, son Russ

Your roots, Russell.

A couple of years ago you turned 50 and I posted a few pics of you then with my wishes for continued happiness.


Here's the post from a few years ago, where I reminded you that you're the 13th generation since an ancestor came to America on the Mayflower, through your father's family.


And here's one about the what I thought was the furthest back I've found in  the Rogers tree, going back to Italy. I think Aaron Rogers might not be the furthest back, but here's that posting.

Your Rogers grandfather's mother's Swasey tree goes back to Edward I of England.


An interesting 20 min. video HERE gives an overview of the rulers in Europe since 400 b.c. Sir Roger was our ancestor who ruled in Sicily (Italy) before the Aaron Rogers noted above. In just a bit I'll find the post that includes details about him...
Roger II, King of Sicily

Here is the first of four posts about the Norman conquest of Sicily, including the ancestors of Aaron Rogers, Roger from Normandy, king of Sicily.

Second post of the Roger kings in Sicily

2013 vacation


And the third of this series about early Normans and Italy: HERE.

Finally (and you may have noticed different information of wives and children continue to plague ancestry searches) HERE. This post came on your brother Marty's birthday originally!

Thus I come full circle and


WISH

You 

  A Very

Happy

Birthday!!

9 comments:

  1. ...how nice that you know so much about your family's tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know when I first had interest in my ancestors, but in the last few years I've done a lot of sleuthing.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Great post, happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen...we've another week about to start. Hope you have a fine one.

      Delete
  3. That's a comprehensive wish. Your genealogical sleuthings are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As wishes go, one must think seriously about what we want to give to another! They might well come true.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is good researching!
    And happy birthday too 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I spent many hours at the computer coming up with the posts that the links go to.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.