Update about blogCa

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Zooming along

The zoom birthday party. It didn't work so well at singing Happy Birthday. But it was great to see everyone (except the 3 grands who are grown.)

I've not seen all three of my sons together since the oldest got married in April 2019. And it was a bit hard to see all three together at that event...so this was really special!

PS...adding a screen shot from one of my sons...his view of the occasion.

Today's quote:
Perhaps home is not a place but simply an irrevocable condition.
JAMES BALDWIN

11 comments:

  1. Nice little birthday treat for you.
    I am thinking that Fred McMurray should have been there with the three sons.
    Now why did I think of that and even remember his name? It has been so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I remember Fred McMurray, though not the actor who played his housekeeper. Good old times.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    The zoom birthday party is great, during these times. I know you must miss seeing them all in person.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I moved to the city where one of my sons and his children lived, so I could see them more than once a month that I'd been able to while driving 4 hours to their city. Didn't work. I had to really push to still see them once a month. Busy people!

      Delete
  3. ...I may never get the hang of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think zoom and skype and facetime have replaced the regular phone, and there's new things like texting and twitter that are right behind. Dick Tracy's wrist phone is here.

      Delete
  4. The best part of zoom is a celebration like this! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the format with the 4 households. When our church group has 12-14 people, it's hard to have a conversation.

      Delete
  5. It's wonderful that the technology allows you to have such a video celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice--we're all going to be doing more and more of this, I suspect.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.