Update about blogCa

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Thanks and a fence of sunflowers


 Driving down a nearby road I'd never traveled, these are among the beautiful things I saw...


I add my sincere thanks to all my friends and relations who made my birthday Sunday feel so special for me. I had a great hour plus zoom group meet-up with my three sons' families. I feel so grateful to have such a wonderful family of loving people, even if we live miles apart. And besides my wonderful Facebook friends sending wishes all day long, my blog buddies were also sending wishes early and late! How blessed I am!

Today's quote:
This may also be the perfect time to finally give mindfulness a try.
...embracing [what you are doing in] the moment can distract us
from worry and what may or may not happen. ..."letting go" of
things one has no control over may be the best way to shrink
worry down to a manageable size.  

Markham Heid, From an article in Medium.com


15 comments:

  1. ...and the sunflowers are an additional blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    The sunflowers are a beautiful sight to see! I am glad you had a happy birthday! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so neat driving over a hill and seeing them.

      Delete
  3. Sunny flowers after a sunny birthday.
    Did I ever wish you well. I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember either...we're in the same "over-70-boat."

      Delete
  4. I need to plant more sunflowers next year... These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have fallen in love with sunflowers this summer. These photos are so beautiful and remind me that we need to plant some next year. Wonderful that you had such a lovely birthday, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin...I have no place to plant them...except a small pot and that wouldn't do them justice.

      Delete
  6. All those sunflowers make a beautiful scene prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sunflowers! I'm glad you had a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I get pretty anxious about holidays and anniversaries...so I'm glad this one is over with for another year.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.