Update about blogCa

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Exercise


These are the houses on Walker St. which indicate as far up the hill as I've been reaching on my walks. I aim to go further ...and longer. That is what my Exercise Physiologist recommends. I need to be able to walk an hour. So far I'm pushing it at 1/2 hour. But he says I can rest along the way. Mmm, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can (The Little Engine That Could.)

On the days that I don't do the walk, I can do strength training. Jay (The EP) hasn't taught us how to use the bands yet, but there are lots of exercises in our book showing their use. We also can use weights. These are mine.


They probably aren't quite a pound each, which is all I'm able to use at the gym.

One of the example pages from our Ornish workbook.


The daily tracking of food

The weekly tracking of food, see below for an example.



These are some of the tracking charts we fill out each day...then summarize each week. I've had to learn what amount of each kind of food counts as a "single serving." Often I end up eating two servings or sometimes just a half.

Today's quote:
The voice of conscience is so delicate that it is easy to stifle it; but it is also so clear that it is impossible to mistake it. 
-Madame De Stael, writer (22 Apr 1766-1817) 

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It is great you are out there walking. The food chart will help you stay on track. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff but it looks like hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strength training is good. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.