Update about blog

The Animas River flows under the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge railroad bridge in Durango's Rotary Park. Part of the Animas River Trail - walking and biking, dog walking and jogging! And benches for resting and reflecting!

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Sticks and quilts

A friend gave me a huge branch of her forsythia bush. So I bought it home and stuck it in the biggest vase in the house, with a warm sunny (if it ever comes back) window.  More to come!



The Affordable Care Act...remember politics just a few years ago?

"2013-2018 Health Justice Enrollment Advocates" quilt. It's hanging on the wall in the hall of Pisgah Legal Services, where I went to have my taxes done free.



It caught my eye, and I enjoyed reading the comments. Then I saw a Black Mountain acquaintance, Lynda Feldman.  And with her love of fabric art, I'm sure she was happy to be part of this beauty. Good for her!



4 comments:

  1. Hello, love the quilt and messages. I am sure your friend is proud to have been part of the quilt. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good for her and all who spent their time in the making of such a special quilt. Good for you for sharing and appreciating the significance of and importance of where the quilt hangs and what it represents. As a quilter I appreciate both.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are those of us for whom the lack of universal health care would unthinkable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!