Update about blogCa

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Sticks and quilts

A friend gave me a huge branch of her forsythia bush. So I bought it home and stuck it in the biggest vase in the house, with a warm sunny (if it ever comes back) window.  More to come!



The Affordable Care Act...remember politics just a few years ago?

"2013-2018 Health Justice Enrollment Advocates" quilt. It's hanging on the wall in the hall of Pisgah Legal Services, where I went to have my taxes done free.



It caught my eye, and I enjoyed reading the comments. Then I saw a Black Mountain acquaintance, Lynda Feldman.  And with her love of fabric art, I'm sure she was happy to be part of this beauty. Good for her!



4 comments:

  1. Hello, love the quilt and messages. I am sure your friend is proud to have been part of the quilt. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good for her and all who spent their time in the making of such a special quilt. Good for you for sharing and appreciating the significance of and importance of where the quilt hangs and what it represents. As a quilter I appreciate both.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are those of us for whom the lack of universal health care would unthinkable.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.