Update about blogCa

Monday, February 17, 2020

A spread at the reception

A few days ago we had an opening reception at the Red House Gallery, of which I'm a member.  This is the pretty table ready to have guests have snacks, and oh my, such delicious deserts.

 A bit of a Valentine theme...

Ed had just purchased a painting (which I managed as clerical volunteer) and here another member serves him the first piece of the coconut cake made by Sheila, who also arranged all the food.

Here's Ed and his new picture by Rachael K.Clegg.




The Red House Gallery is home of the Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League, of which I'm a member.  More of this show is being shared in my blog about art "Alchemy of Clay."

9 comments:

  1. ...food is always the way to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I don't think she had any other pieces displayed, and she must be a new member of the League...I'm looking forward to seeing more of her work!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I nibbled, but didn't have any cake. I figure the artists aren't exactly who the food is offered to.

      Delete
  4. Hello, looks like some yummy treats. The cakes look delicious. Nice photo of the artist and his work. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That young man purchased the painting, which was done by a friend of his. He said he'd also bought a larger one in the past, and gave it to his now ex-wife, so this one is for himself.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.