Update about blogCa

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Going down Black Mountain Ave

 Foothills meats is also a restaurant. I haven't eaten there yet, because I'm kind of vegetarian.


 I drop by the Black Mountain Natrual Foods store occasionally, today to get some more chocolate covered ginger.
 I also pick up Traditional Medicinal teas...especially the one for Breathe Easy.


At the end of the road is a bridge, and a view of the on-ramp onto I-40 going west.  And the new hotel in town...a Hampton Inn.  I've heard there's a salt water pool there, but they don't allow locals to come use it. Mmm, may have to invite some family to stay there so I can try it out, since I'm really allergic to chlorinated pools.

The Swannanoa River, in one of its many branches, runs under the bridge...here looking to the east where it comes from...


 And here looking west as it flows toward Swannanoa, the unincorporated town.

All the Town of Black Mountain offices are now in this grey building just to the right of the river, which once was a car dealership, and more recently Fabric and Foam. I wonder if they've thought of a new name for it yet.

Across from the Town Offices is the Stove and Chimney store. They have a somewhat tarnished reputation from the adult son of the owners having put a hidden video camera in the ladies rest room.  Yep, that was on the news. Glad I don't want to get a stove or chimney! It's kind of a fun building, which has been in the process of being built for about 5 years. The owners also aren't very high on customer service, according to one of my friends. Well, every town has someone like that, and mostly  they don't tell the things known about them.




5 comments:

  1. Hello, I hope the rain has stopped. The owners of the Chimney stores are sickos. Do the medicinal teas work, I have tried the sleep time tea, it does not help me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain left, and is back again. Very wet Feb. so far. I like the tea for breathing, and I have their peppermint and one other...I have to let the breathe easy tea seep for 15 min. for full effectiveness.

      Delete
  2. A photo tour of town is a good dea.I should use it someday but I won’t because I won’t remember when the weather is more conducive. 🤪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather sure does run our lives a lot these days, and it's not very cooperative!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.