Update about blogCa

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Cardboard props for photos

Looking out from a cardboard cutout to have your photo taken...the theme of Sepia Saturday this week.

I've got a few of the fun photos we took of willing residents in an assisted living facility back in 2002.  I painted the cutouts, took the photos, got prints made and then gave then them to the residents, and also posted the whole collection (it was probably a roll of film at that point.)

 For a Hawaiian festival, there was a hula dancer, and a musician with ukulele.


 One of the corporate administrators wanted his photo as a dance hall girl for the Western themed party we had.

Another administrator liked being a cowboy.




There were staff members (at least a couple of nurses) as well as residents in the Fashion Show. I don't know if anyone bought the pretty clothes.  But we sure had fun!

I even  got dressed up in an outfit which might be worn by anyone...and walked the walk with a resident who showed using a walker didn't keep her from looking glamorous.

This was not my last job as an Activity Drector, but my first one!



And here's the prompt from Sepia Saturday, showing that this technique has been around at least a hundred years. Mine are only 18 years old.

And speaking of themes, though I didn't watch this live, I think it's worth sharing the whole halftime show from the Super Bowl...which didn't seem all that awful to my eyes. Lots of talented dancing, singing, and well choreographed. Here it is.

9 comments:

  1. ...the first one looks just down the street from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to say this lady died within the several years that I worked there. She was a lot of fun though.

      Delete
  2. Cute pictures. Thanks for your comment. I don't have a great filing system, I just used the search box on my blog.

    As far as Blogger, it will be around a while. But I print a book of my blog every year so I'll still have a record if they change it. I found that my really old posts rarely come up in my searches anymore. It seems the pictures were hosted on a different server 14 years ago and it was not secure. Now Google has decided that only https pages should be seen, so their own old servers are blocked! I can change the pages one at a time, which I started doing but gave up after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that about secure pages...I wonder if I've lost any of my ancestry posts...which are a record I'd most like to keep. Thanks for the info! But fortunately I've only been blogging 13 years...maybe.

      Delete
  3. Hello, fun photos, I like the cut outs. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed sharing fun ideas with these elders, as I gradually became one without knowing it!

      Delete
  4. Since my daughter manages a retirement residence, I will forward this to her. It's a great idea that needs someone with time and talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a really nice residence, and I relied upon volunteers to pad a very small budget for activities. The local high school required students to do some community work, and so a couple of dozen teens were always helping out.

      Delete
  5. I saw cutouts like that during our Winterlude.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.