Update about blogCa

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Are you going to vote?

About this time I get so tired of seeing the commercials for all the politicians running for office. And about half of them aren't even for offices in my state, because the only local TV station shares info for South Carolina as well as North Carolina.  The other 2 "local" stations broadcast from South Carolina completely, so I only watch national news on them.

I have a mute button to turn off all commercials.

And yet, I have to figure out who to vote for.

Our early voting has started.



And thanks to the Republican gerry-mandering in North Carolina, which has now been declared null and void or illegal, by some courts (supreme?) we have reverted to an earlier set of precincts, so some of our North Carolina and US offices are now in my district again.  For the forum the other night, one candidate said he had just found out he was running in Asheville and he hadn't been, up till that decision.

So I will watch the candidates introduce themselves on the video that my friend took at the forum, and their brief speeches.

And as my friend Linda said (quoting someone else) "Vote for a light post to run against the fool in the white house...it would be an improvement."

But this is a year I certainly won't stay home, thinking my choice doesn't matter.  It really does this time. And half of my choice will be based on who can win. OK, those are just my opinions. Who are you going to vote for?

Here's a humorous YouTube video about "The Day Democracy Died," sung by the Founding Fathers.




11 comments:

  1. ...that video is fabulous, but I wouldn't call it humorous though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one must laugh in the face of the disaster we are dealing with...and diligently shovel the BS right back to the cause.

      Delete
  2. I have never not voted as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, we just recently had a primary vote just for Congressman Cummings since his death. He will be missed I am not sure if the person elected will be as good. I know how I will vote in 2020, not a doubt in my mind. I am going to check out the video now. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the local offices, with 3 people running in the primary...so I want to support the one that is likely to win in Nov.

      Delete
  4. I love that video. It's so well done. Oh yes, we're going to vote. Our primary is in March. This November election is the most important one in my lifetime. I thought when I voted for George McGovern in 1972 that was the most important, but this one... this one... I have no words, but I'm screaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've got a lot to do to make sure we change the way things have been going sine 2016.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely always, and this year especially my vote will be in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The next election here will be a municipal election, but that's a year or so away.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.