Update about blogCa

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Some of the Bonsai plants

 

I love seeing Bonsai plants...these are just a small part of the collection at the Asheville Aboretum.






Love that the gingko leaves are full size on this tiny tree!

This collection of Bonsai trees was in the hot house attached to the Education building...where some plants were also for sale. I didn't think to consider, maybe these were also for sale!

Greenhouse on left of Education building.

After lunch I didn't feel like dragging myself through the real big Bonsai collection. So now I have to go back to see it!


I always am thrilled to see this roof on the little shed.


Some of the orange dahlias, which were everywhere. Very stunning.

Today's quote:
Albert Einstein

“When you examine the lives of the most influential people who have ever walked among us, you discover one thread that winds through them all. They have been aligned first with their spiritual nature and only then with their physical selves.”




18 comments:

  1. I'm never sure what to think about bonsai trees; they are certainly fascinating to see, but always at the back of my mind there's the thought that, without human tinkering, they might have grown into a magnificent full-size tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you may have ruined bonsai for me...since I do love how creative people have been to twist and cut these little live trees into these shapes. I hope I can still see that creativity rather than the possibility which you think about.

      Delete
    2. I'll live with your idea, since you enjoy trees and your walks so much and share them here. Not meaning to be too critical.

      Delete
  2. The bonsai plants are beautiful. The orange dahlias are pretty too. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen. I am very happy that I could enjoy them. Have a great week yourself!

      Delete
  3. ...such an ancient art form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how old it is, and may find out when I go to the large exhibit!

      Delete
  4. This post makes me wonder about the history of bonsai trees. I'll definitely check on line. It also reminds me that for more then 10 years we had a lovely kitty cat named Bonsai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so sweet that you had a cat named Bonsai. What color was he/she? Yes, inquiring minds want to know...

      Delete
  5. The roots/trunk of that first tree is most impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing how that grew in that way? I know they cut back the roots as well as the limbs of these little guys.

      Delete
  6. Think what we could do if we decided to naturalize roofs in a serious way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an interesting concept. I love seeing where apartment buildings have trees and shrubbery all over their balconies. It would be even better if those gardens provided food.

      Delete
  7. I did try to grow a bonsai tree once. I couldn't keep it alive. It is a skill I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for trying. I can't seem to keep succulents alive. I think how they should grow without much water, but then they just die. Phoey. That reminds me, gardener girl is needed to care for the guys since it hasn't rained in a few days! (I'm also gardener girl!)

      Delete
  8. I love bonsai. I've tried my hand with a couple over the years but one way or another I killed them all. These are some of the best I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.