Update about blogCa

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Second try, Coffee Shop Visit (having been posted in the past instead of the future)

  




My friend and I met for coffee and treats and conversation the other day. I don't do this often, not even once a month. But my treat was a huge piece of the best carrot cake in town! 

The next day I stopped in and bought another piece of carrot cake, to supposedly save for later. I managed to wait till I was home, and had two bites. Then within a few hours, the whole things was lovingly imbibed.

We did enjoy visiting in person, inside even. Not wearing masks! That was something that afterward I kind of worried about. Where did my cautious attitude go? There are lots of tourists that come in here, and though the door opened frequently, did the air get circulated enough to avoid virus distribution?

I kind of watched when I was home the next few days...any symptoms? I've been so fortunate so far...and am keeping my fingers crossed.


Today's quote:

“The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It will transcend a personal God and avoid dogma and theology.”

Albert Einstein

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's great to have that rock wall. Much of these mountains yield lots of rocks!

      Delete
  2. ...I guess that I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that, since I lost your comment when I changed it to a forward Tues instead of the former Tues.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Hubby and I both love carrot cake. The coffee shop looks nice. I hope you continue to stay safe from Covid. Have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for comment and good wishes, Eileen. Hope your week is cooler.

      Delete
  4. Yay carrot cake. We are not going out like this yet. JB is too much at risk. I hope you are safe!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put on my mask yesterday when I entered a crowded store, and there were scented things which bother me anyway. But most of the time I walked around maskless.

      Delete
  5. I love the stone exterior of that coffee shop. Stay healthy there, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly beautiful. Hoping to stay healthy!

      Delete
  6. Hi Barbara, We love a good coffee shop as well as a nice chunk of carrot cake! Nice sidewalk sale in Highlands! As for masks, we've quit using them unless required. Both shots, boosted and waiting for approval for the next boost! Its all about weighing personal risk factors against 'living life again... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's another local coffee shop which roasts it's own beans. But it's really kind of crowded for my taste, and even more, my taste doesn't like "knock em dead" strong coffee. Dynamite coffee is closer to me too.

      Delete
  7. Carrot cake sounds great to me and I live very close to a bakery. :) My wife and I still wear our masks when we enter stores. There has been a rise in cases here lately probably due to more tourists coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The carrot cake was your just reward for having been so careful throughout the pandemic. Especially the second piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, doesn’t that just take the cake? 😀

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful coffee shop! I love going out for coffee dates and chats. Carrot cake is one of my very favorite desserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some ok carrot cakes, and then there's the one that the Drip serves (at $5 a slice) but they are so worth it.

      Delete
  11. Mmm, carrot cake!! I'm still cautious indoors, but for that and any other good food, I'll forgo the mask. It's going to be a while before I give it up entirely, though. A little caution never hurt anybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came from Dr. office and everyone was masked...which is appropriate. But it was a bit surprising because so few people are masking around here now. YAY Carrot Cake~!

      Delete
  12. I wonder how far in the future Einstein was talking about.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.