Update about blogCa

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Summer Solstice celebration, completed!

 A picnic by a stream in the woods of Montreat NC. I'm bringing my own salad, and will share a nice hunk of stilton cheese...with crackers if others wish.

That's the reason I'm not posting until this afternoon. Here is my place of memories saved.



A site for a wonderful shady lunch! It was 89 when we came back down the mountain into town. I dare say it's hotter in Asheville.

Some of us wanted to check out the path along the stream...



I love this quiet little picnic area...it's near the campgrounds, but only one other family was nearby behind some trees.



One of us is a vegan, but finally had just a taste of my Stilton cheese with mango and ginger.




We shared parts of our lunches with each other.






The Rhododendron are about to bloom...here's a bud!

As we were chatting after lunch, a young man came walking up the stream, with a fly fishing outfit, and proceeded to catch a little fish right near us. He fortunately took its picture then threw it back in, and continued flicking out his bait.


8 comments:

  1. ...it sure is HOT today here, the shade looks welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely cooler in the shade. I thought of getting my toes into the water, but didn't do it.

      Delete
  2. We have an overcast dripping sort of day. Can't decide if it wants to rain or not. Have fun on your picnic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it does rain, your plants will be so happy. We did have fun (I'm home again.)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a pretty spot for your picnic. Cheese and crackers sound yummy. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All our food was just right! Hope you have had a good day too!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely adventure! I enjoyed it!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.