Update about blogCa

Monday, June 13, 2022

New work on old buildings



Last week, I posted some photos of the work on these two buildings...Here

Can't tell very much, but nice colors, and there's the mountains!

This mural is going across the store which used to have the pretty colorful stacks of pottery balls on each side of the door.



This is going to be a fun mural...and I hope the turquoise background turns another color.

Here's how the little gas station's improvements looked last Friday.

And all that new construction behind it is an extension of the store behind the mural...remember I said it didn't have a back wall the last time I could look inside?

As I drove away I had to capture Black Mountain Yarn Shop..a very popular place with classes as well as top notch yarns.

Today's quote:
"Everything is determined, every beginning and ending, by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect, as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper."
Albert Einstein

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The mural is pretty. The yarn shop looks huge. Have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The yarn shop is in a second location so that it could be enlarged. I just saw a familiar waterfall on your post...before even seeing your identification of it, I recognized it! Somehow that makes me feel like I finally am where I belong.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think you're right about the design of the mural.

      Delete
  3. That mural looks beautiful. I'm looking forward to watching it change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to go by again in a few days to capture the progress!

      Delete
  4. The mural is coming along. I am interested to see how the garage turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks...I do also, and can't wait to see the next steps.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's moving along pretty fast now. After nothing had been done for years (to the little gas station)

      Delete
  7. Nice mural. It will interesting to see how the improvements turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to go by in a day or so and take more photos!

      Delete
  8. I like seeing murals in progress.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.