Update about blogCa

Monday, April 25, 2022

Potpourri

  

In Asheville there's a big intersection where Biltmore Ave veers to the right, and McDowell St. starts to the left. If you go straight, you only get one lane. And here I sat at the front of the line, and quickly took a photo through the windshield of a beautiful church, All Souls Cathedral. Maybe it's just a Church. But I do like the architecture.

I often take the left fork in this y-intersection which also leads people to the entrance to the Biltmore Estate. So most of the traffic goes that way. I'm facing the town of Asheville, and coming off of I-40 Interstate.

A lunch salad in one of my favorite bowls.

A friend recently visited Cumberland Island National Seashore. On that island are the remains of a Carnegie mansion. There are also a herd of wild horses on the island. I have great memories of camping or just beaching and hiking on that great Georgia island!

Chinese Chang's 5-T1 visit to the far side of the moon in 2014 took this photo.


I got these two brain-improving additives...and am taking the one on the left. My friend was going to try the one on the right, but upon reading what side effects the main ingredient gave, she's passing on it. So I looked on line to see more reviews of Nootropic Supplements.  Very interesting!

Today's quote:

When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you can't eat money. 
-Alanis Obomsawin, filmmaker (b. 31 Aug 1932)

14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your salad looks delicious. Does the brain improving supplements help you? Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't noticed memory improving exactly. At times I find my main crutch to gauge my brain activity is working harder and not as efficiently as I'd like. That's playing solitaire. I figure if I miss several easy cards, I would be better off not driving for a while. Today it has been really slow, I sit and say which cards should play...so I finally just quit and read a book!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too...and I first visited it when in university in a photography class...so I had the camera loaded with F-400 B&W film...great shots that I vaguely remember but doubt that I have any more.

      Delete
  3. Salad tastes better in a pretty bowl! Love the blue and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it is a good bowl, out of many mediocre ones I made! It is a pleasure to use it!

      Delete
  4. The mansion is sweet, the church, too. Be careful with those supplements! YOu just never know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the one my friend was going to try had some negative statements according to her. But when I looked it up, it didn't really have much that it would do...I'm trying to remember to take the one I wanted to test, but I sometimes forget to take my memory pill. That's life!

      Delete
  5. Your salad looks yummy, and I love that bowl. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do enjoy salads...but would prefer to have someone else do the chopping! I love that bowl, I admit it!

      Delete
  6. Is that a nice hunk of brie cheese in your salad? I had some today at lunch too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marcia, you're good. I did have that chuck of brie and it went very well with my salad! Now I may throw some crumbs of Feta on my next salad. I can not live without cheese. Or yogurt. Or half and half in my coffee. So I'm addicted to dairy products, but I do parcel them out over the week.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I need to find parking and go look around it. There are lots of nice looking buildings in that area, which have been built since I moved here 15 years ago...and in styles to mimic ancient architecture!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.