Update about blogCa

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter


In honor of the Ukranian artists who developed Pysanky Eggs.   This artist is from Nova Scotia Canada.


More Pysansky Eggs by So Jo Leo of Canada.

Today's quote:

People share a common nature but are trained in gender roles. 

-Lillie Devereux Blake, novelist, essayist, and reformer (12 Aug 1833-1913)



 CNN's 5 Things Newsletter said:  April 17 is Easter Sunday, the day Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after his crucifixion. It also marks the end of the 40-day period of penance called Lent. Easter is considered to be the most important season of the Christian year.



21 comments:

  1. ...Happy Easter, thanks for sharing such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I painted many an egg, usually little faces and made paper hats to go with...but never a pysansky! I've always loved their beauty!

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter. Beautiful Pysansky eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! The Pysansky eggs are absolutely beautiful, thank you for showing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eggs are beyond anything I could ever do. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a fellow craftsperson, I understand your feelings. We often think, I could do that...but on these eggs, nah. So glad So Jo Leo did them!

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter, Barb! The precision and detail on those eggs is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are incredibly intricate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that the person who posted these eggs on FB gave us nice big photos, so I could share them here!

      Delete
  7. Barbara, Love those Pysanky Eggs! They are beautiful for sure. No way I've ever had the patience to paint something this intricate...and now the hand/eye coordination would be a problem too. Love Nova Scotia and have been there 3 times! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Nova Scotia, but am very interested in it. I don't have steady hands, even if I had a magnifying glass to enlarge it enough to work on details like that!

      Delete
  8. I used to do Pysanki with my students. We'd have a craft table, and they would rotate through other centers when work was done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great way to let children/adults? learn different crafts.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.