Update about blogCa

Thursday, April 7, 2022

A Thai dinner

 




I had take-out from Thai Basil the other day. I don't know what this is called on their menu, but I always just ask for broccoli with peanut sauce with added tofu.

I get about 4-5 dinners from the servings they offer. I love getting the uncooked Spring Rolls which have real basil leaves in them, wrapped in rice (whatever that thin wrapping is called.) But they often don't have them. When they do, the order provides two large spring rolls and two wonderful dipping sauces. Heavenly!

The restaurant was only offering take-out the other day. I hope their staff hasn't caught the virus.


Today's quote :

To make something good, just do it. To make something great, just re-do it, re-do it, re-do it. The secret to making fine things is in remaking them.

Art is in what you leave out.

Following your bliss is a recipe for paralysis if you don’t know what you are passionate about. A better motto for most youth is “master something, anything”. Through mastery of one thing, you can drift towards extensions of that mastery that bring you more joy, and eventually discover where your bliss is.

Kevin Kelly

Kevin Kelly is founding executive editor of Wired magazine, and a former editor/publisher of the Whole Earth Review. He has also been a writer, photographer, conservationist, and student of Asian and digital culture.




19 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your Thai dinner looks delicious, it is nice to have the leftovers. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks...I thought I'd already replied...it was delicious.

      Delete
  2. That ounces pretty tasty..(Although I don’t actually hear anything. 😀)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I've never been this adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've had some delicious different meals at Thai restaurants...so this isn't adventurous for me.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a tasty meal. We haven't done take-out in ages.
    Might be time for a change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Suzi...bring home something as a great treat. I did it often when I was feeling too ill to cook!

      Delete
  5. When I saw the info under your header pic, my heart skipped a beat. Hadn't thought about Montreat in years. My family went there a few times during the summers, and we stayed in a huge rented house with another family. I remember the water all 'round us in the streams was ice cold, there were a zillion streams and trees and trails, and didn't Billy Graham live there? It's a wonderful memory for me! I was born in Mt. Airy, and we lived in Mooresville. Thank you for the memory boost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great memories you have, and yes, Billy Graham did live there as well as many retired ministers. It's beautiful still!

      Delete
  6. Your dinner looks delicious. I make a stir-fry veggie dinner with peanut sauce so often. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a good idea Robin...I mean to make stir-fry again soon.

      Delete
  7. I love Thai food plus it's very vegetarian and vegan friendly. I only like the deep-fried spring rolls. I dislike the feeling of that rice paper in my mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the rice paper must be eaten fresh...when I tried to save it till the next day, it had dried up and really was inedible then!

      Delete
  8. Thanks, it is a pleasant experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, Thai take out is one of our favorites! Looks great... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.