Update about blogCa

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Birthday lunch 2 years later

 I'm pretty sure the gift card was a birthday present...or it could have been for Christmas. My son and family sent me a gift card that I had to wait till COVID had settled down before we could use it.

My 2 friends and I had lunch at the Omni Grove Park Inn the other day. It was lovely though the weather was a bit rainy. Fortunately we were on a heated terrace, and had shuttle service to the Grovewood Gallery.



When we went into the huge lobby, the first thing I noticed was the darkness...then the brightness coming in the windows. So all during our visit, we had that silhouette kind of experience. 


Upon arrival!

Looking more to the north west from the Sunset Terrace...where we ate lunch.


Somehow when I received my delicious lobster salad with lots of chef salad goodies, I forgot to take a photo. Perhaps I would have drooled all over it!

My vegan friend was delighted to have an impossible burger with vegan cheese. And my other friend who is usually only off from work on Mondays, took off on a Tuesday this week. We had to schedule our reservation with her 2 months in advance.




Today's quote:

It is often forgotten that (dictionaries) are artificial repositories, put together well after the languages they define. The roots of language are irrational and of a magical nature
-Jorge Luis Borges, writer (24 Aug 1899-1986)

Yes, more photos will follow, interspersed with spring blossoms!


Thanks to CNN's 5 Things Newsletter

The annual Maundy Service is set to take place Thursday at Windsor Castle in the United Kingdom. A number of public events are expected to draw large crowds during the Easter Week celebrations, but notably absent will be Britain's Queen Elizabeth II. In years past, the Queen has distributed special coins to pensioners at the service as part of an old tradition. Buckingham Palace announced Friday that Prince Charles and Camilla would represent the monarch in the Queen's absence.

21 comments:

  1. ..I read that it was furnished by the Roycrofters of East Aurora, New York.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that! Love the rocking chairs placed in strategic places...by the huge fireplace, and on the porch where we waited for our car.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was superb! I'm so fortunate to have good friends, and a family which gives me gift cards!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Lovely photo of you and your friends. What a lovely place to have lunch, the views are fabulous!
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to look out at the scenery of Asheville. Good food, high prices. Thankful for gift card. Hope you enjoy today also!

      Delete
  4. That reminds me, that we have a gift card from Christmas 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your header is lovely!
    What a great outing for you. We aren't eating out anytime soon. Things aren't great here in Ontario.
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the need to mask up indoors...and will do so this morning in a book reading. Sorry you all are having a 9th wave. I don't think we're even counting.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely way to celebrate. Do we share birthday day, week, month? Celebrate well!
    Mine was yesterday. Seventy-nine and how the hell did that happen? 🤭
    It stayed very low key which is what I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No where near my August birthday...but now I know you can have a happy one in April. Same date as my niece! We are of an age for the next few months, then I'll jump into the big 8 Oh.

      Delete
  7. That looks like a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday. Lovely new header too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...the view would have been stunning if it hadn't been so cloudy. Later on it poured rain some of the time too. Funny that we're still 4 months from my actual August birthday!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful place to enjoy lunch with your friends. A nice belated birthday bash. Love the new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very special day and lunch sounds so very good. I looked for lobster anything while I was in Newport last week but prices were generally so high. I did settle for a bowl of lobster bisque that was delicious and reasonable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some frozen lobster bisque, and forgot to thin it while cooking it, so proceeded to eat both servings at once...it was so yummy. Then I felt heavy for the next few hours. Shame on me!

      Delete
  10. Such a beautiful and historic place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. I loved looking at the photos of various visitors as I walked along the halls.

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful spot to have lunch. The views are fabulous! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.