Update about blogCa

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

My Father's Pizza

 Cathy and I walked around Lake Tomahawk, and stopped for many photos and rests. We hadn't tried walking around it for several weeks...so it was quite a challenge for us.

I'll post those photos elsewhere, except must give an intro to the first photos we took.

I don't think we talked very loudly, but we weren't completely silent, so...

They walked away while we walked in the other direction. I tried not to focus on the water fowl, who were either Mallards or Canada Geese.


Having accomplished our walk, we were really thirsty and hungry!


Great Bruschetta with lots of garlic flavor! I admit to not having tried it at every restaurant which serves it, but of the 3 I have tried in town, this is my favorite!

As we ate our salads, and rehydrated with lime water, we had a view of the open air pottery store across the walkway. Nice trees also.



Today's quote:

Our conscience is not the vessel of eternal verities. It grows with our social life, and a new social condition means a radical change in conscience.

-Walter Lippmann, journalist (23 Sep 1889-1974)

14 comments:

  1. ...as I age, a bench is a welcomed sight indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, now I see my site has the "new and much more visible" comments version. Yay for benches!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Love the geese and ducks. Cute selfie photo. The bruschetta looks yummy. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all with an iPhone...I don't know why real photographers even look at my site...but it's a kind of journal I'd say. Have a great Tues.

      Delete
  3. You seem to have very many nice spots in which to pause for a lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the advantage of being a tourist town, near and even bigger tourist town of Asheville. People from out of town don't want to fix their own food...so we have everything from breakfast places to a few upscale dinner places (where I don't usually visit.) The lunch crowd is more to my pocket book.

      Delete
  4. Good bruschetta is a gourmet treat. And your looks really good! I too like it when the garlic really announces its presence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love garlic too...and this must be to my taste, because the little toasts are soaked with garlic oil...and so're the tomatoes.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a nice walk and a yummy lunch there. (Comment from Robin of New Dharma Bums.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you could at least comment as Ms. Anony Robin!

      Delete
  6. Nice to hear you are getting out to do the lake walk again. Your lunch looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have enjoyed some outings with friends. Springtime is so beautiful!

      Delete
  7. Barbara, Sounds like a nice time spent with a good friend on a beautiful spring day! We both love bruschetta too... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a perfect day for lunch, ducks, food and good company.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.