Update about blogCa

Friday, April 29, 2022

Potpourri - yes, more!

 

If you recognize this waiting area, you've been in my new bank! I was not happy with the one which bought out my local one, so I've switched to another one which has been around for a while, and I hope will continue to be here!

A colorized black and white...painted eggs, not real ones, as you can see their lengthwise seams. But these aren't the kind that had panty hose in them either, for those had seems that went around the middle at the waist, or large bellies of eggs. I wonder what material they were made from, as they do seem to be all the same size. 


I'm actually trying to figure out if I've fixed the iCloud and iPhotos problems I have been having! I found somehow the "folder is read only " had been clicked somehow in the PC for iCloud photos...which meant they wouldn't be editable. Is that related to edible? Nah. That and maybe a setting on the phone had also changed. Anyway, there are now two or three iPhotos listed in the PC, and if I'm patient, the latest photos do get posted there!

I'll drink to that!
Diet Dr. Pepper that is...

View from my desk chair...at least the rain has stopped, which started in the night.

Then on Wed. of last week, the wind was chill, as well as the nights down in the low 30s. When I stopped by the Community Garden, several plots were covered with the plastic held in place with rocks. Some looked like they had blown off the supports however. I think I shared some photos at my Living in Black Mountain blog.

Today's quote:

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will have truly defeated age. -Sophia Loren, actor and singer (b. 20 Sep 1934) 


9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your new bank has a nice waiting area. What a lovely view of the blooming trees out your window, nice view! We are really cold here, only 32 this morning. Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen...it's due to get to high 60s here today. I took my plants (bedraggled though they were) back outside yesterday. We have been warned in the past to expect last frost as late as Mother's Day. But it feels like this warm weather will last now. Fingers crossed, or I'll be lugging them all back inside.

      Delete
  2. Barbara, Nice view from your desk... As per your comment on my post re: eating out and prices going up. We're OK financially but it is getting crazy and as you pointed out, no big raises are coming for retired folks. When its just us eating out, we've eliminated alcohol and all leftovers come home for later consumption. Meals at home are also becoming smaller and with less expensive items on the menu. High end restaurants will be rarely visited except for birthdays, anniversaries and the like. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me how you're putting these delicious meals in your lives, economically. I often cringe at the price of a lovely dish, but then realize I'll have another meal from the same serving when I take a doggy bag home! Yes I agree about very special occasions!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think the Flame Azaleas in the woods are always such wonderful surprises, sort of like dogwoods and redbuds. But when landscapers use them, it does let people who aren't out in the woods get to see their beauty also.

      Delete
  4. I haven't planted any annuals since the weather has been cold at times, 30s at night. Mother's Day is the usual date that's recommended here. My long time bank branch is closed but I do most of my banking on-line these days anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought my first 2 geraniums today and some new potting soil. Need to spend a few hours pulling out and throwing away dead things in my pots, so I can plant some more pretties for the season. I don't like having them winter over, so am moving away from the perennials these days.

      Delete
  5. My guess is that the eggs are painted glass, since they are molded. Or plaster, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.