Update about blogCa

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Happy June First!!

 Do you know of the Oyster Plant? My friend who has a much better understanding of plants, told me she'd been helping it to spread in the daylily bed near the parking lot.

It's the tall spears and the fuzzball seed pod, much bigger  than dandelion fuzz balls.


It's not these yellow flowers, which must be a long stemmed variety of dandelion.

The long spears will open into flowers...strange yellow flower with a green spear off the edges of each petal. 


A close up of an oyster plant flower...the one with the spikes extending from the flower. the tall spears are before the flowers open.

Today's quote:

Practicing contentment is a radical act in a consumption-driven society.

ROBIN WALL KIMMERER



7 comments:

  1. ...I have seen oyster plant, but never knew its name, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    No, the Oyster plant is new to me! Happy June!
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once took a picture of one, thinking it was a dandelion. I was corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a new one to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not know about the oyster plant. Love learning about a new-to-me flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, not seen one of those before.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.