Update about blogCa

Monday, June 14, 2021

Signs on Vehicles


 I wonder if this is the car of a genealogist. If not, why have that tag?

Now why did I take this car's photo? Ah, a Dead Head decal in the window...I had many friends who were followers/fans of the Grateful Dead, and thus had these stickers on their vehicles. I don't run into many current fans of the band which only entertained at concerts, up until the 1970s.


I didn't take this photo...and by looking at the cars, it was taken probably before I was born. But I was pleased to see I'd saved it from FaceBook somewhere. What a scream!

Today's quote:

We live in a time when science is validating what humans have known throughout the ages: that compassion is not a luxury; it is a necessity for our well-being, resilience, and survival.

ROSHI JOAN HALIFAX

8 comments:

  1. ...license plates and stickers are fun photo subjects. What a diners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    It is fun reading the vanity license plates. I like that diner!
    Have a happy day and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that would have been an interesting place to stop and eat. I saw a plate yesterday ALIKAT and i read it as alley cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aside from their name, I know nothing of the Grateful Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm married to a Dead-Head! I got to see them once on a New Year's Eve performance at the Fillmore East. Quite a show. Roger saw them many, many times. They played a lot in California. We sometimes see those decals around town here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a dirigible diner?
    (Today's post is brought to you by the letter D!)

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.