Update about blogCa

Saturday, June 26, 2021

A short Saturday day-trip.

 

THis Saturday arts market left quite a bit to be desired. However, the people who offered their wares were sincerely smiling at us.


My friend who takes day trips with me, was interested in the shitake mushroom powder...though it was $10 a bottle.


And we did enjoy having some live music to listen to...but there weren't any chairs. We kind of hummed along with Blue Moon!


Actually these interesting patterns were the table where we had our vegetarian lunches.


We never did find another cafe' that was supposed to be vegetarian...but we knew the City Lights Cafe' was. And we planned to spend some time after lunch at the City Lights used and new bookstore upstairs, We both came home with some reading materials!

The problem with that title for this old Apple monitor is, the book of that name didn't come out untirl 2012...and we have to believe this monitor is quite a bit older than that~!


Did you ever use the monitor on the left, complete with a floppy disc drive? I did!


I'm afraid I got hit by a bug yesterday, and haven't got much energy, except to read books. I may miss a few days while I'm recuperating!

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The art market sounds like fun with the live music. I have never heard of mushroom powder?
    I hope you feel better soon, take care1 Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do vaguely remember when the Mac first came out. It did revolutionize computing. I was still using an 8-bit, 48K Atari 800, and I loved that machine. I could word process, spreadsheet, which were miraculous enough for the limes. Oh, and game too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a nice day out and about. I'm so sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better as soon as possible.
    Oh yes, I definitely used a monitor like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. It was a nice nostalgia trip for me too, seeing those old Apple machines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those monitors really are a throw back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you recover quickly. Flick off that bug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. City Lights is a wonderful bookstore.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.