Update about blogCa

Monday, May 31, 2021

Last day of May potpourri

 


Yep, those mountains are green all the way up. And this is the north face, so it says to me that most of the Blue Ridge Parkway will also have green trees. Maybe not all the way up Mt. Mitchell yet though!


I was going to repot this plant and make my old fish tank a "terrarium" but instead I gave the aquarium away, so now I'll just have to find a bigger pot to put these succulents in.

The last of the purple orchid...I post photos of the buds of things, so why not the ends of them as well?

The orchid plants will be out on the porch all summer, getting lots of warmth and some real sun, and I hope they'll give me more blooms to get me through another winter!


Today's quote:
Our very own lives can be magical, like the fleeting morning dew on a flower tip

7 comments:

  1. It has been an odd month here with some significant hot spells and cold spells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I enjoy seeing your header photo when I pull up your blog, it is so pretty. Love the mountain views and your pretty plants. The orchid is lovely, I have never tried growing an orchid. Take care, have a happy day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...we received an orchid for Easter and it's still blooming. It's like the Energizer Bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the mountains there and your orchid. My one little shriveled orchid is still hanging on. Maybe I should put it where it will get more sun. I have no idea. It's ten years old and not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautifu mountain view! Hope the orchids are in to a revival and come back for an encore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, these mountain views were nice to see on a gloomy, cold and rainy holiday weekend here in NH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That high ground greatly appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.