Update about blogCa

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

At Linda's house

I was happy to have an errand at Linda's house last week. I did what she needed, and then unabashedly took photos of her plants! They were all there to be admired, right?

I parked next to this lone iris.

I bent over to see these bluebells better.


Then noticed a sweet sent...perhaps from this bush. I noticed with glee, because my scent machine has been somewhat befuddled for weeks following my bout of pneumonia.


These sweet flowers might have bothered me before, but today I was happy as a (fill in the blank) songbird.

Today's quote:

Appealing to tribe, appealing to fear, pitting one group against another, telling people that order and security will be restored if it weren't for those who don't look like us or don't sound like us or don't pray like we do, that's an old playbook. It's as old as time. And in a healthy democracy it doesn't work. Our antibodies kick in, and people of goodwill from across the political spectrum call out the bigots and the fearmongers, and work to compromise and get things done and promote the better angels of our nature. -Barack Obama, 44th US President (b. 4 Aug 1961) 

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    They are beautiful flowers, the scent sounds lovely too. Great quote! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...spring is such a season of discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote! what was the flower with the scent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers and great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers and a wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish more people would take Obama's words to heart. I need to check my bearded irises to see if they're blooming yet. I think it will still be a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That iris looks like the type we used to have. They had a very short flowering season.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.