Update about blogCa

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Community Gardens May 2021

 

The Town of Black Mountain sent out a notice that some of the Frisbee Golf Course would be closed while they work on something on the Swannanoa River, until sometime in August. The woman closest to me was playing her own round with frisbees. I don't know about the person in the distance. The car and truck are on I-40, a bit further away.

The Dr. John Wilson Community Garden.

Many plots!





I'm pretty sure these are raspberry blossoms. I've tried clearing some of those canes when they intruded through my chain link fence once...many thorns!






I wasn't sure what these pretty purple flowers were. You're probably used to my ignorance by now.

Another purple bloom which eludes me. These were in rows under some other kind of plants which will hang from some wires.



Today's quote:

Caregiving often calls us to lean into love we didn’t know possible.

TIA WALKER

7 comments:

  1. ...the purple flowers look like Dame's Rocket.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesperis_matronalis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic. Dame's Rocket has such a strange name!

      Delete
  2. Lovely flowers there. I love the view of the mountains in that first photo. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those last two pics, especially, worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second purple ones with the "hairy" leaves look like my aubergine plants.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.