Update about blogCa

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Amelia's bowl

 Amelia has been a long time member of the clay studio at Black Mountain Center for the Arts. She now is throwing her pots at home. I don't know who made that pretty pale peachy cream color glaze, but I love it. And I love this bowl. She's one of the Mud Buddies who sell their pottery weekly in Black Mountain NC at the Tailgate Market.





Amelia has always had a slightly oriental flare to her decorations, and this glaze design is really pleasing.

And it's just right for a serving of pop corn...or rice and veggies...or whatever! It's very well thrown and light-weight. A good pot.

I used to be a Mud Buddy also. I am glad to be a potter who supports potters...and have often heard this from other shoppers.


Today's Quote:

In a time of destruction, create something: a poem, a parade, a community, a school, a vow, a moral principle; one peaceful moment.

MAXINE HONG KINGSTON

14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Amelia's bowl is beautiful. I have a similar looking pasta bowl. It is nice you can support the other potters.
    Take care, enjoy your day! I wish you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen...Are these wide bowls wonderful? Thanks for commenting here, and answering my comments on your own blog so often!

      Delete
  2. That is a pretty awesome piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AC...I am thrilled with it, and so glad to support a friend. Plus I can think of her working on it whenever I use it.

      Delete
  3. ...the decorations are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot that I have an art blog and posted some art here on my "elder stories" blog. Oh well...that's what elders are know for doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely piece of bowl art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and creative bowl, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice. I like the idea of "create something."

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is quite a lovely holder for a bowl of popcorn, Barbara, or a large salad as well.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.