Update about blogCa

Thursday, May 6, 2021

A woman gathering for Beltane

 

A comfortable Sunday afternoon... and a lovely center of our circle...with Goddesses and flowers galore!



I gave my pottery "Elements" pot to Linda, for her to have a portable altar for the 4 directions, the 4 elements of fire (shown here) water, air and earth.  I may have other photos of it, but I'm not sure. I didn't read any of  the Amulets of the Goddesses book, but it looks interesting. Linda leads lots of groups/circles, with 4 of them held yearly at the UU church here in Black Mountain. Of course we missed them in the last year.

I also brought the basil plant to share how wonderful it smells. I'm so glad to be able to deeply inhale the fragrence! 

Today's quote:

If you are stone, be magnetic;

if a plant, be sensitive;

if you are human, be love.

—Victor Hugo
Les Miserables

14 comments:

  1. It looks delightful with a remembrance of earlier times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and we had a dozen women who came to the circle...wearing masks and not.

      Delete
  2. A lovely altar! This is, indeed, a blessed time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was certainly a good experience. Lots of neighbors were curious of course, and one woman came and joined us for a song.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful, colorful center of the gathering. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a healing feeling for me, to be with loving women.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I enjoyed it am happy to share a bit of the love we had between us.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.