Update about blogCa

Thursday, May 27, 2021

The Swannanoa River again

 

I'm not sure the movie will run. I've learned it's all garbled until final publication (which is not a good feature for editor bloggers, to my mind!)

I stopped by this one access to the river. It has big rocks to keep it within its banks. There are going to be reestablishing the banks in other places by the playing fields on the other side of the Interstate in Veterans Park...so apparently there won't be any changes here near the gardens.


On the other side of the river is a low area that can easily flood. But it's not in use for anything, so that may be alright.


Today's Quote:

There is a hard truth to be told: before spring becomes beautiful, it is plug ugly, nothing but mud and muck...But in that muddy mess, the conditions for rebirth are being created.

PARKER PALMER

17 comments:

  1. ...it work just fine. Flowing water and its sound is one of nature's delights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first try to post a short video from camera to Blogger, and I'm glad to see the final result shows action. But it would have been nice to see it in Preview mode too!

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    The video worked for me, the sounds of the river are peaceful. Lovely scenes and photos. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just learned something, and will consider more movie snaps with my phone camera.

      Delete
  3. You can't see videos in preview mode; you have to publish. It's irksome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly...irksome! I'm relieved to see I can actually post movie snaps...I don't want them to be very long.

      Delete
  4. Worked for me--beautiful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love learning small new tricks! Love being near water too!

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see and hear the river there. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really nice place, when the gardens mostly have people working on growing things, the river just flows right on by.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm afraid for most people this shouldn't be called a river, but a stream at best. A creek at worst! But it only lasts for about 20 miles of valley drainage and then flows into the bigger French Broad River in Asheville.

      Delete
  7. Barbara, Love the sound of a flowing river burbling over rocks... The video of the Swannanoa River worked for me. Great shot of Lake Tomahawk as your header too. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to have areas that can flood..eases pressure further down and reduces erosion

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of the river flowing, it's relaxing. Super video clip there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the video of thet beautiful river, and heard it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Video worked. If you were trying in preview it wouldn't work there. Doesn't look like you're having any problems with water there. We had our first rain this month. Ground is very dry here.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.