Update about blogCa

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Indoor Soccer anyone?

 A recently painted mural...I wondered why I hadn't noticed it before!

I don't know the last time the Grey Eagle Arena was used. The artist of this mural is Asheville resident, @ianthepainter, Ian Wilkinson.

I pass it when going to the Community Gardens. Of course I am not visiting on Saturdays, when there might be some indoor soccer happening.


Today's quote:

Compassionate action starts with seeing yourself when you start to make yourself right and when you start to make yourself wrong. At that point you could just contemplate the fact that there is a larger alternative to either of those, a more tender, shaky kind of place where you could live.

PEMA CHÖDRÖN

15 comments:

  1. Sorry I was so late posting this...actually had started a different post, but got sidetracked and so it will be up another day. Hope you all have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Quite a magnificent rendition of the bald eagle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he did capture it well! We have lots of places named after a Grey Eagle around here...which probably wouldn't be a bald eagle...but don't tell anybody!

      Delete
  3. ...the place looks like it ready to take flight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been inside, hope it's as nice as outside.

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful mural, I love the eagle !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful mural. Reminds me how much I missing seeing eagles. We don't have them here this close to the coast, but we used to see them when we lived in the Sierra foothills. Beautiful, awesome birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are especially wonderful to see as they fly over, and suddenly we know how very large they are, and think how their vision is many times better than our own!

      Delete
  6. It is a fine and appropriate mural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like public art. This is a very fine mural.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.