Update about blogCa

Friday, November 30, 2018

Then and now

A photo of a plein air pastel drawing I did in 1997.  Probably Amicalola Falls in Georgia. Glad to see my middle son, Russ  has it hanging over his desk in his office.


About the same time in his life, that's Russ on the right, my youngest Tai in the middle, and me from many moons ago on left.


While I visited his family last week, Russ made lovely fires for us in the cold evenings and also was doing the Christmas lights installation outside in mid-30s degrees...and the system he'd invested in wasn't working, so he tried a few other methods before he was satisfied.  Brrrr.

I like the sweet consideration that Michelle and Russ gave me of staging my guest room with many old photos of me.  I know they aren't there all the time, but it was a fun welcome, and I took my own photos of theirs!

And this is my youngest granddaughter (raised a foot on hearth) Russ, and myself, taken last week!

Russ being pensive, which was how he spent a lot of time figuring out how to hang lights outside, when he came in to warm up.

I'm sharing this with Sepia Saturday, these are some fond memories for me! (I might have more next week!)


Don't miss the photo of Russ riding a pony when about 4 years old!  HERE

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful family pix! And Russ on the pony is cute as a button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely family memories to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holidays are measured by photos of family around the table. You almost have Norman Rockwell picture there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit delayed with this comment, but wonderful family photos. Prefect time of year for it. And the water color is lovely! Happy Holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your family photos. The water color is very nice - and a complement from your son that it hangs in his office!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.