Update about blogCa

Monday, November 5, 2018

Inanna's Daughters

The season of Samhain continued yesterday...a gathering of women to celebrate the change of the year.  Our altar included reminders of what this is all about...the earth's change to autumn that will soon bring the darkness of wintertime...and the thinness of the veil between the worlds of material life and spirits. My little Kali goddess is the sculpted head, with her tongue hanging out.

I'm sorry about the reflection (and camera cropping) which makes the last word illegible.  I thought it had been "work" but it isn't. (I've received the answer from Linda, who shared the photo... being "led to wholeness.")


We played musical instruments to our own rhythms, moving as we were led to express our inner voices.  We shared our thoughts and feelings in a simple, supportive and very personal environment.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, and that was everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your Samhain festival arrangements. Tickled to think we are both We'mooners - have been using them for years!

    The central figure on my altar this year was Bell Pine Art Farm's Riverkeeper. The lady wears an expression much like the one your Kali is wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Kate. Our leader/facilitator Annelinda Metzner, frequently publishes her poetry in WeMoon. I've not got the latest one, but perhaps I should again, since I do enjoy it so much. I have had many copies of their works through the years. I was glad to find Bell Pine Art Farm's Riverkeeper on line. She is definitely saying much the same thing as Kali in my portrait. Barb at https://boardwalkbarb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.