Update about blogCa

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Sepia Saturday meets Appalachian Coal Fields

For Sepia Saturday this week. Do I have any old photos that meet this prompt? I'm pretty sure not.
I'd love to find some polka dot blouses...or teddy bears.  And I played piano for a long time...but alas, no photos. (Thank heavens.)




I'll share a Facebook link which has some great old photos.  I enjoyed them, and perhaps you will too.

Appalachian Coal Fields
There is a great collection of old family photos there.



6 comments:

  1. Love the two kiddos taking a bath in the tub. I once gave my 3-yr old son a bath in a similar tub when we were camping. An interesting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good post of history. Thanks for sharing your family archives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I marvel at how some photographer managed to visit places of rural poverty and capture such beautiful images. It takes a special eye to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate these photos that were collected and shared by another...on Facebook through their link. And I appreciate that you took a moment to look at them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These moving photos capture the wonder of childhood even in difficult circumstances. Wonderful choices for Sepia Saturday. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just realized that you may not be able to see the whole collection from Facebook unless you have a FB account (free). I wanted you to experience the fun collections that Appalachian Coal Fields posts there.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.