Update about blogCa

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Winter Gardens Walk

 

The next time I'm on I-40 eastbound, and see this sign for the Watershed, I'll remember it's right next to the path at the Community Gardens.


A big field and big sky...and the little green patch? Possibly something to do with the Frisbee Course.


It's also a big hill. I only saw these two Frisbee throwing people the whole time I was walking. But there was the scent of a wood burning stove coming from one of those houses, and a bit of some delectable herb that I couldn't quite identify.


The volunteer fire department buildings were close to the road, where an indoor soccer venue is also located...off of S. Blue Ridge Rd, so they are really close to my home.


Most of the gardens are put to bed under hoops and plastic sheeting.


At the top of the hill are some strange crosses, which help some vines I think, which were dormant at this time.


Today's Quote:

Know the place and the land on which you are rooted, and then move outward from there. 

By fellow blogger, Terry Windling /the-unwritten-landscape.html

5 comments:

  1. ...those strange crosses look like they are for raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me thinking about the two definitions of watershed. The standard American definition is similar to drainage basin. The more British definition is the height of land separating the flow of water into different drainage basins. As a Canadian, I am conflicted. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice walk there, love those clouds and blue skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're getting out and enjoying some blue sky!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.