Update about blogCa

Monday, February 15, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes

Fresh blueberries. They had been shoved behind bagels in the refrigerator from my last shopping trip.

So I washed and drained them, and almost put them in the freezer. But decided I hadn't had blueberry pancakes in a while...so I just kept them by the stove, and got out the blender. A few minutes later and I had batter ready to go. I pour it into the pan, 3 small ones each time. Then dot the berries around the pancakes as they start to cook. This was the first time I've made them in this non-stick skillet. I used to use my iron skillet. I like this!


I make the whole batch, putting each threesome into the toaster oven on "keep warm" setting. Then when the last batch is done, I serve 3 for me to eat now, pour the syrup on them and nuke the plate in the microwave for 15 seconds to warm the syrup. I let the rest of the pancakes cool down at this point. They are put into a baggie and then the freezer for another breakfast whenever I wish.


I almost didn't get a photo of the served pancakes...here's one of the last bites! Very yummy supper. I like the reheated ones with just butter and good tasting nutritional yeast...and they were all gone within just a few days.


Today's quote:

Nothing limits intelligence more than ignorance; nothing fosters ignorance more than one's own opinions; nothing strengthens opinions more than refusing to look at reality. -Sheri S. Tepper, novelist (16 Jul 1929-2016) 

14 comments:

  1. I thought I was reading someone else's blog, someone who lives nearby. Our county calls itself the Maple Syrup Capital of Ontario. I knew something was wrong when I saw Ohio Maple Syrup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what was available here. I used to get Vermont Maple Syrup when I lived closer to the east coast. Never had any Canadian Maple Syrup, but I bet it's delicious.

      Delete
  2. ...a wonderful treat. Walnut Creek is a food distribution company whose owner's parents are conservative Amish Mennonite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that. I choose Walnut Creek jellies frequently, and they are carried by lots of our grocery stores, as well as a nearby orchard which has a little store as well. The quality is always there with Walnut Creek products.

      Delete
  3. Those pancakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure were...and I am ready to make more. I am eating the rest of the fresh blueberries on granola with Rice Dream and a spoonful of plain non-fat yogurt. I've been recommended the Greek yougurts, but generally don't prefer them.

      Delete
  4. Barbara, Love pancakes and waffles too...and if blueberries are in the batter or on top, I love these breakfast treats even more. Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but don't have a waffle iron any more. I can get some waffles as a treat, with blueberries on top, at a local restaurant...when it's safe to go in one again!

      Delete
  5. I love anything that has blueberries in it. Your pancakes look divine.
    Have a fantastic new week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the grandchildren were just little guys and came to stay over we often made blueberry pancakes for them for breakfast. Maybe it's time to revive an old tradition without them! One of them poured on so much syrup we should have bought it by the barrel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if it's the real thing, instead of corn syrup...that's a big expense around here!

      Delete
  7. Looks good! And tomorrow is Pancake Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know that. Almost coincidentally hit it.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.