Update about blogCa

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

New blooms

 



The purple shamrock (Purple Oxalis) has beautiful blooms


The Purple Oxalis blooms are usual on the sunny side of the plant on the windowsill. Here I caught (out of focus maybe) the screen shadows from the sun.


I was glad the phone could focus down on these blooms, which I've never seen before. This is the Rosemary plant!




It's had this scaly stuff for all the years I've had it. somehow it just keeps on growing.


Today's quote:

In our age there is no such thing as "keeping out of politics". All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. -George Orwell, novelist (25 Jun 1903-1950)

12 comments:

  1. Phones are pretty good for taking close-ups -- better than normal lenses on bit cameras really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't take a closeup of a person, then you'll quickly see the damage to the person's nose, as the bullseye effect of those tiny lenses becomes obvious!

      Delete
  2. ...the beauty is in the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to water plants a couple of times a week, and suddenly see changes from the last time I really looked at them!

      Delete
  3. Love the flowers and closeups. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happily surprised these closeups worked...often the focus is somewhere out the window!

      Delete
  4. I want to plant an herb garden come spring but for winter I should have some indoors. Hmm .. you've givn me ideas with your rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of having fresh herbs...like Cilantro or Basil...to clip and add to dishes I'm serving. Just don't have any now.

      Delete
  5. Love the color! The quote is very appropriate for our times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I saw that quote and kept it till I found a good day to use it.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.